At Langshott Primary School we are very committed to building strong home/school links. We know that education is most effective where there is a positive partnership between home and school. We hope that home learning will increase a child’s enjoyment of learning and his/her understanding. We know that it is crucial that we offer support to parents so that there is a better understanding of how learning can be further extended at home. In this policy home learning refers to any learning or activity which children are asked to do outside of lesson time, usually with parents or carers. Home learning aims to consolidate and extend school learning and provide opportunities for children to enjoy furthering their individual interests and skills. Home learning will focus on the needs of the individuals, year group expectations and whole school priorities.
Through our home learning activities we aim to:
- Promote a positive attitude to learning
- Encourage children to be life-long learners
- Develop an effective partnership between home and school
- Enable children to consolidate, extend and practise skills key skills to help raise attainment
- Motivate learners
- Extend school learning into its wider real life context
- Provide opportunities for parents/carers, children and school to work in partnership
- Encourage children to develop the confidence and skills needed to study independently
- Prepare children for future learning
Please visit your child's google classroom account to access the tasks online.