The children in year 6 will learn to:
- Understand and respond with increasing competence, accuracy and confidence in a range of situations.
- Take part in conversations at an appropriate level, reacting to instructions and questions and expressing opinions and feelings.
- Join in songs, raps and stories which enable them to practise the language in an enjoyable way.
- Write sentences and short texts independently and from memory.
- Memorise and recite short texts and prepare and give a talk on a familiar subject confidently.
Mayans and Mexico
*Present ideas and information orally
*Describe people, places and things